Privacy Notice – updated January 2014
Using your data
Plumlife Homes will use the personal data you provide to us for a limited number of purposes, and at all times within the rules set out in the Data Protection Act 1998.
Some examples of the purposes for which we will process your personal data are outlined below however this list is by no means exhaustive:
- For the purpose to which you provided the information. e.g. processing your information to set up a new tenancy
- To allow us to provide services appropriate to your needs, e.g. providing your correspondence in large print
- To ensure that we are meeting our legal obligations, such as those imposed under the Equalities Act and Health and Safety Acts
- To monitor the take up of services and our performance to plan the provision of services, though data will be anonymised for this purpose.
- To conduct data matching exercises for the purpose of detecting and preventing tenancy fraud and emergency response management
- Where processing is necessary to protect individuals from harm or injury
- Where you have otherwise consented to the processing
Protecting your data
As part of our commitment to protecting your data, we promise to:
- Keep your personal data secure and safe
- Handle your data responsibly with respect for your confidentiality
- Only collect, hold and use personal data where it is necessary to provide a service to you
- Securely delete any personal data when it is no longer needed
- Be open with you about how we use your information and who we may share your information with
Sharing your data
We may occasionally need to share your information with a third party who provides a service to you on our behalf, for example, we may share your information with our grounds maintenance or repairs contractors. Where your information is disclosed to a third party, Plumlife will seek to ensure that the third party has sufficient systems and procedures in place to prevent the loss or misuse of personal data.
We may also share information where we have a legal obligation to do so under certain sections of the Data Protection Act, such as where the disclosure is necessary for the purposes of the prevention and/or detection of crime.
You are legally entitled to request access to your personal information held by Plumlife by making a ‘Subject Access Request’. We will be happy to provide you with a copy of your information but there may be some situations where we will not be able to do this in full, e.g. where information held was given in confidence or if it relates to a criminal proceeding. For further information about requesting access to your personal data please refer to the ‘Access to Personal Information Procedure’.
Whilst Plumlife tries to ensure that any personal data it holds about you is correct, there may be situations where the information it holds is no longer accurate. If this is the case, please contact us to update the information we hold.
We do not store personally identifiable information in cookies we create, but we do use encrypted information gathered from them to help improve your experience of the site. Please note that cookies cannot harm your computer.
The cookies that Plumlife uses are as follows:
Changes to this Privacy Notice
Plumlife will continually review and update this privacy notice to reflect changes in our services and comply with changes in the law. When such changes occur, we will revise the "last updated" date at the top of this notice. If there are substantial changes to this statement or in how Plumlife will use your personal information, we will advertise the updated notice on the front page of the Plumlife website.
Plumlife encourages you to periodically visit the web site to review this notice and to be informed of how Plumlife is protecting your information.
At all times, Plumlife will comply with the legal requirements set out by the Data Protection Act 1998 in relation to the collection, holding and processing of your personal data.
If you would like to know more or have any concerns about how your information is being processed please contact the Data Management team at DataManagementGroup@greatplaces.org.uk, or for more general information on the Data Protection Act, information is available on the ICO website – www.ico.gov.uk