Payment matters

How to pay

It’s important that you pay your rent and service charges on time and in advance as you have agreed to this by signing your lease or tenancy agreement. There are several methods of payment available to you.

These are:

Direct Debit: This is our preferred method of payment and is really easy to set up. Just call us on 0161 447 5050 between 8:00am – 6:00pm with your bank details and we’ll have it done for you in a few minutes.

Credit/Debit card: Call 0161 447 5050. Please have your credit or debit card to hand.

Online Banking: You can also use online banking. Our details are:
Name: Plumlife Homes Ltd
Account No: 23132421
Sort Code: 16-00-02
Ref: Your tenancy reference and the address

Cheque: Made payable to Plumlife Homes. Please put your tenancy reference or the address the payment relates to on the back of the cheque.

By Swipe Card: You will need to call or email us to order a swipe card. Once we have sent you a card, you can pay at the Post Office or any outlet displaying the Paypoint sign.

If you can’t pay

If you are having difficulty paying your rent or service charges or if you lose your job, there are ways we may be able to help you. Get in touch with us. Don’t ignore the problem. It won’t go away and the longer you leave it, the worse it will get.

If you rent or if you are a shared owner, you may be able to claim Housing Benefit for the rent and service charges, as well as Support for Mortgage Interest (SMI) and pension credit. If you own 100% of your home, there may still be help available.

Contact the Housing Benefit department at your local authority to apply.

Plumlife has access to a Financial Inclusion Team who will talk to you about other ways of saving money and will check that you’re claiming all the benefits you’re entitled to. Call us for further details on 0161 447 5050.

If you don’t pay

The Plumlife team don’t want you to lose your home, but that’s what could happen if you don’t pay. If you simply don’t pay your rent or service charges we will contact you or we may call at your home.

We do this to make sure that you are aware of the situation and what might happen if you don’t make payments.

We will make every effort to help you but you must demonstrate that you are willing to clear your debt.
If you do not keep to an agreement or you persistently fail to pay your rent or service charges, legal action will be taken which could result in you losing your home.

If you have a dispute

If you have a dispute over rent and service charges, you must not withhold payments as this is a breach of your lease or tenancy agreement.

Speak to your Property Manager or Lettings Negotiator to discuss how to settle the dispute.
The First-Tier Tribunal (Property Chamber) (FTT) is an independent legal body that offers a fair way of settling a dispute over service charges without the need to go to court.

Their decision is legally binding and they can deal with disputes about service, administration and management charges. You can find more details at